Youtube Facts 2018
Youtube is world’s most popular video sharing website. Most of you know that it is owned by Google where users upload, view and share videos. But what you don’t know about YouTube is what this article is all about.
- The very first YouTube video was uploaded on 23 April 2005.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- 80% of YouTube’s views are from outside of the U.S.
- Over 400 million people in India watch Youtube
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000
- More than 70% of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- Despacito with 5.174 billion views as on 27/05/2018, is the most-viewed youtube video
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes. This is up with more than 50% year-over-year.
- Female users are 38% and male users are 62%.
- User Percentage by Age 18-24 – 11%, 25-34 – 23%, 35-44 – 26%, 45-54 – 16%, 50-64 – 8%, 65+ – 3%, unknown age – 14%.
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population).
- YouTube has launched local versions in more than 88 countries.
- Approximately 20% of the people who start your video will leave after the first 10 seconds